Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ze Bacon Burger....

So since I read this blog post, I have been craving for a burger just like that. Well, it's more like since I saw the photo at the blog post:

Paul's Famous Hamburgers @ Sylvania, Sydney, Australia

Doesn't that look exceptionally sumptious? Incidentally, Paul's Burgers located at Sylvania was near my husbands' family home in Sydney! To put things into perspective, husband and I used to live at least 45 minutes of no-traffic-Sunday-evening-drive away from each other in Sydney. And if you've ever lived in Sydney, you'll know that it's a big big city that requires planning for logistics everytime you decide to go anywhere. So, my point is, Paul's Burger being located in Sylvania, warranted a HOW-COME-YOU-NEVER-TOOK-ME-THERE to the dear husband.

In any case, saying that to him in KL definitely didn't bring me any closer to that burger. So the search for it in KL was on. Got a few suggestions from my fb status update on where to find a good pork burger in KL. One that looked promising, judging from the description of it in the menu, was at Brussels, as suggested by Larry:

▲ He said it was delicious.... 

In any case, decided that I shall make one of my own... and sister was over to have 1 too:
Left: sister's burger with Bega slice cheese Right: husband's burger with mustard, no cheese
Both are ramly beef patties wrapped in fried egg with bacon

And here's mine in the making: 
First, toasted the buns and melted the cheese before slapping on garlic butter , 
then added the bacon, squirted the Japanese mayo over the bacon

 
▲ Left: View of bacon on melted wrinkly Bega slice cheese 
Right: Ramly beef burger patty wrapped up in fried egg on bacon

▲ The completed burger: garlic buttered roll, back bacon, fried egg, ramly beef patty, 
bega slice cheese, mayo, tomato ketchup

It was void of vegetables.. hahaha.. so i just ate the lettuce on the side... was yummy and satisfying... definitely hit the spot. The husband agrees... :) 
.
.
.
.
.
.
FARK! Just saw the below on this post

Hamburger with egg, bacon, cheese, pineapple, beetroot, with BBQ and 
chilli sauce and caramelised onions..... 

I think I need another burger.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails