Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Painting #2

As my blog seemed to be transforming fast into a food blog, I had to quickly post this up:


Tadah! Finally.... my completed butterfly painting.... it was unfinished for quite a long time, as you can see on this post, it has been close to a month! What was the hold up - I was missing blue colored paint, which I finally went to get from Czip Lee Plus. So, what cha thinks? It's still rather cartoony, ie, where there isn't much tone, etc... just merely making sure the colors fill the spaces without running too much out of line.

Speaking of painting, was at Bangsar Village 2 and randomly walked into one of the shops selling paintings (there are about 3 of them at the top floor now) and saw this series of 8 paintings. They were oil on canvas paintings, in a series of 8, for each of the 8 chinese gods, done by a Chinese painter. His name was Duxi, or another pin yin variant spelling of his name. I really liked those paintings (too bad I can't find images of it on the internet to post up here) and his style seems to be painting Chinese characters in a cartoony caricature but with loads of details for the Chinese garments. Took the husband to the same shop after that time and the 8 paintings had been packed up, ie SOLD! Take a guess how much the set sold for.... they are roughly the size of an A4 piece of paper each. C'mon, your best guess...

RM52,500!!!

Damn, I should've been an artist!!! He's got one more bigger sized piece still hanging in the shop also going for the same price. It's worth a look, I think the detailing is really pretty... this one depicts some Chinese soldiers battling each other. 

I have another empty canvas waiting for me.... :) what next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails