Monday, March 15, 2010

Canoodling...

Was trying to decide what to eat for dinner with the folks last Friday. It was between tried and tested butter crabs at Bangsar Seafood Village (slurp! those of you who have never tried it, it's the best) or trying out something new at BV2. I had read on 'A Whiff of Lemongrass' about 2 new eating joints that had opened up in BV2, both of which are under the Ms. Read group. Lemongrass was neutral enough with the review and the photos looked pretty good (well, her photos always looked good).... so I was tempted to try it out. And I had an idea as to where the new restaurants were, as I had seen the hoarding up on the top floor awhile back.

So anyway, got picked by sis and was still tossing up between what to eat when her boyfriend said that there was an Astro company dinner at Bangsar Seafood Village that same night. So, that decided it for us - trying out something was the order for the night. 

Off we trooped to the Noodle Bar. And it was located where I thought it was, at the top floor of BV2. 

picture of the back of the menu

So when we got there and sat down, we were presented with 2 menus - one of which was a menu for the noodle bar and the other for the Japanese restaurant next door. Yes - the Japanese restaurant was called For Goodness SakÉ, geddit? geddit? We later learnt that if you sat in the noodle bar, you could order stuff from the Jap side, but not vice versa, as there more limited seating in the Jap side. Made no difference to us, was okay sitting in the Noodle Bar side. 

My dad was hungry, so most of the stuff on the menu looked appetising. I ended up whipping out a pencil and marking the stuff we wanted to order on the paper menus :). 

So that night we had: 
  • yam and vegetable fritters (tasty, my dad ordered a second helping)
  • pandan chicken (these came in tiny deep fried chicken wings, nothing wrapped in pandan leaves)
  • duck confit salad (was very tasty, but I thought was expensive for the serving portion)
  • raw salmon with slices of pineapple
  • the prawns and glass noodle salad (taste was there, although Chris thought it was a tad too sour, and I thought the glass noodles was a tad dry/undercooked)
  • snapper fillet vermicelli 
  • dan dan mien (first tried this in Din Tai Fung in Singapore and fell in love with this dish ever since, the one here was tasty enough, although the peanut sauce is not as thick as one in DTF, but it's tasty enough for me to go back and have it again)
  • unagi omelette (yum! loved it, this was from the jap menu - think my sis will agree with me on this!)
  • beef wrapped around asparagus on a skewer 
  • yam and red bean ice blended drink
  • pomegranate and something else something else in coconut milk, some thai tong sui (was so-so... my dad ordered this, I let him try the yam and red bean ice blended saying that he'd probably prefer that and he did, cause he ordered a glass of it after tasting it... hehe....)
That's a lot of food, huh?! hahaha... ya.. did I say that my dad was hungry when we got there? :) 

Total of the bill for all of the above which fed 5 people: RM178. Pretty reasonable I thought, what say you? I'd go back again too for dan dan mien and unagi omelette :). 

▲ photo of the place

▲ interesting decor in the place which consists of 
hanging table lamps from the ceiling

▲ only picture of the food I got - cause we ate everything so quickly when 
it came and forgot to take any other photos! hahaha... this is half eaten yam 
and vegetable fritter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails