Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My First Painting

Have finally started on my painting project! hahaha... i've been wanting to do this for a while. I bought a small canvas quite a few months ago (maybe at least 6 months?) but didn't buy the paint at the same time. Coz I figured that I'd want to know what I was painting first before splashing out on all the colours of paint in the store So that meant requiring me to decide on what to paint and then drawing it out first. 

I finally drew my picture last week and went to Czip Lee Plus in Bangsar to get paint brushes and acrylic paint. Urm why acrylic? I just got the impression that they were 'solid' colors, cause I know I didn't want to do watercolor style painting. That's about all I knew about acrylics. And as i started on my painting, I mixed the color in with some water and then wondered - hurm, do acrylics take water? hahaha.. that's how much I knew about acrylics. Anyways, i later wikipedia-ed it and yes, you can thin out acrylics with water. But once it dries, there's no way you could thin it out again with water.... quite different to paints I used when I last painted in school for Art - more than 15 years ago!

Anyways, here's a photo of my finished product (on the right) and one that I had started but not yet finished (on the left). I need to get blue paint to finish up the butterfly one on the left. I think the butterfly wan looks rather pretty with the colors. Oh yea, i can't really take all the credit, cause I generally draw out a copy of a picture I want to paint after googling images. :)



Conclusion: it's been really enjoyable.... as I am not very good with sitting still doing nothing - actually this 'restless' feeling happens on and off. Like for example, i couldn't just sit still and just watch tv, i would have to be doing something else, like maybe paint my nails or something. And now, doing the painting really allowed me to use up that energy. Guess I just have restless fingers.

Maybe after i get the hang of some techniques, will graduate to a bigger sized painting :). As you can see, there's not much artistic ability involved so far, just merely making sure I apply colors within the lines. hahahaa... :P and that's what my husband said - why so commercial wan? not artistic at all.. humph....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails