Monday, March 8, 2010

Chicken in a Biskit

Lookie what we have here:



Was strolling in the Village Grocer yesterday night picking up some things quickly just before heading back home after dinner when I saw the box of chicken in a Biskit pictured on the left. What was this - a new packaging? The picture of the biscuits in the front of the box certainly looked familiar. But I was more used to the friendly green packaging seen in the right picture. It looked... slightly wrong? And I couldn't help the slight feeling of betrayal as a consumer. 

Having spent a good number of my development years living in Sydney, Australia, I kinda grew up on Chicken in a Biskit in a green box. So there was something about me (well, not just me...) and Chicken in a Biskit. It used to be a sure item on our grocery list for Woolies (short for Woolworth's) while living in Australia, but back here in Malaysia, it's such a luxury. When it was first made available in the Village Grocer in BV, it was a piece of news worthy of an sms from my friend when she saw it selling there. And, of course, it's also a luxury in terms of price - the price for one blue box was RM17.90!!!!! OMG! *faints* 

Just.couldn't.justify.my.chicken.in.a.biskit.craving.for.that.price!

And because I haven't had it in such a long time, I had to borrow this photo of the actual bikkies inside the packet from here



I always ate them by putting the whole piece into my mouth and then slowly suck the salty chickeny flavour off each piece of biscuit while it melted in my mouth. hahahhaa... so anyone coming back from Australia with suitcase space to spare for some salty bikkies? *puss in boots pleading eyes*

Note that this it THE Chicken in a Biskit by Nabisco, not the one by Arnott's.

1 comment:

Li Yen Lim said...

OMG! Chicken in the biscuit!! YUM!! I want!!! aiyooo.. nobody i know is coming back! grrr... now u make me want to eat it! humph!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails