Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dainty Cupcake

Walked past this little stall (think they are called Dainty Cupcakes) on the Groud floor of the now-revamped Parkson (next to Sg Wang) a few times. Thought the cupcakes looked okay enough to try and they were only selling for RM2.60 each.

So today, as i walked past it to get to lunch, I decided that I would try it for a little bit of a sweet treat after my lunch. And as I approached the stall, I saw handwritten signs that said, "Edible Cupcakes Sold Here" and "Real Cupcakes".... I thought to myself, erm.. okay... should I be worried? For their benefit, I am guessing it's probably because it's quite an odd place to be selling cupcakes, as the other stalls sell non-food items and more than one passer-by must've asked if the cupcakes were edible.


Here's the chocolate with vanilla icing one I got

Conclusion: It was edible.

But the icing tasted nothing like the Cupcake Chic ones that am used to having. At least the cake itself was soft, and not hard. Okay, I know I shouldn't have expected anything close to Cupcake Chic's cupcakes... but it's hard not to compare it to that.

So, satisfied my curiosity - Yes.

Satisfied my craving for something sweet after lunch - Yes.

Would I go back again - No.

Now, I just hope it doesn't give me a stomach upset or anything like that. please.


▲ Red velvet (front), peppermint (left back) and oreo (right back) cupcakes
from Cupcake Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails