Wednesday, May 20, 2009

That One Special Day of the Year

Was given instructions this morning to wash my hair and wear a new (or was it nice) dress for the day.... because it's my birthday. And that I should also bath (and wash my hair) before I had my lunch... and lunch was going to be a special serving of birthday mee suah. 

So having looked through my wardrobe and not having gone out shopping for a while now, I don't have any new dresses nor do I have anything nice (or not so nice) to just sit around the house in. This is what I ended up putting together: 
  • a red smocked boob tube top; 
  • a pair of (sky?) light blue nike shorts I borrowed from my sister; and
  • a black floral top to cover up the otherwise exposed bra straps (couldn't find any other suitable cardi)
Not the most fashionable outfit (which is also the reason why there are no photos) - heck, am just hanging out at home, eventhough I did get the thumbs up from the more elderly person in my house. 

Pressies
Felt very loved this year... got the following pressies amongst other things: 

My very own Polar running watch that comes with a foot pod and a heart rate monitor. This is a great welcome-back-to-running gift. Thanks S and M (no, not as in my sexual fetish... as in Gossip Girl la)! Can't wait to test this out. 

A Crumpler camera bag... although the one pictured isn't mine... but it's suppose to be this model - the 6 million dollar home...  




Oh ya, photo of my birthday mee suah:
Can you see - pork, 2 hard boiled eggs, kidney, liver and mushroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails