Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fire Snake Girl

Recently, I have had some time to think about what I could be doing with my life. While I have not found an answer for that as yet, I did come across some thought provokers while trying to figure out a suitable name for this blog. 

Also, some have asked me why "fire snake girl"? 

According to the Chinese calendar, I was born in the year of the fire snake. Fire is one of the 5 Chinese elements (metal, wood, water, fire, earth) that overlays the 12-year cycle of animals. And, needless to explain the 'girl' part in the name of blog. 

There are certain characteristics of the fire snake that I found on this site: www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Snake.htm which I would like to comment on here: 

"Month - May; Western counterpart - Taurus"
Wow... am born in the month of May, which incidentally makes me a Taurean. 

"Fire Snakes can be a bit loud, speaking their minds and smothering you with their opinions. This does add a twist to his dynamic and vibrant character, as he is quite the extrovert."
I beg to differ. Am not loud, and definitely do not smother people with my opinions. Am also more of a wallflower at a party which hardly makes me an extrovert.

"Fire Snakes can change even the most obstinate mind with their powers of persuasion, convincing you their opinions or ideas are better than yours."
If this was true, then why do I have so much trouble convincing my husband of my ideas sometimes? 

"The Snake is very sophisticated and cultured in his choices for home décor. They like muted colors and prefer to have one very expensive chair rather than three reasonable priced ones."
Ya, definitely quality over quantity. See, honey? 

"Snakes become bored easily and therefore change jobs quite frequently."
Hurm..... well definitely need to be inspired. 

"Since they are such relaxed individuals, they can often seem to be slacking off at work when in reality they are at the height of their creativity."
haha.... that's right - when I am yawning at work, am actually thinking of the next big thing! Don't judge when you can't read what's going on in my head. 

"A Snake’s worst nightmare is jumping head first into a financial deal or a shopping spree."
Definitely explains how long I lusted after a DSLR and the lens that I wanted. 

And we finally get to the 'Snakes make excellent ..... ' list: 

Scientists: urm.... me in a white coat? 

Potters: What are potters? 

Analysts: Tried this for a while. Didn't work out as I thought.

Jewellers: Ya, I would like to explore this - especially in the design area. 

Spiritual Leaders: No. Unless manic-depressive is the new religion. 

Sociologists: How can? I thought snakes were self centred and opinionated? 

Dieticians: Maybe after I lose the weight that I need to lose, then I could start preaching diets. 

Astrologers: If all else fails, look to the stars for answers and inspiration. 

Magicians: Are you kidding me? 

Investigators: No comment. 

Painters: I can't even tell the difference between oil or acrylic. 

So there you go - a little bit of insight into this fire snake girl.

1 comment:

M. Wiyono said...

hi.. friend please visit night and evening day, give comment in my blog and join to follower, so a will visit again non stop

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails