Wednesday, July 8, 2009

3 Years and Counting...

It's been 3 years!

3 years ago today, husband and I trooped over to Thean Hou temple to register as husband and wife. Since the event was taking place at a temple, I had imposed a chinese fashion theme for all who were coming to witness our union of marriage.

I was dressed in a white cheongsam that I had bought off the rack from Shenzhen, a long time before husband popped the question, but had never worn (not that I was keeping it for that particular occassion) and husband was wearing his gold long sleeved chinese top that we had bought specifically for the day.

When husband finally popped the question, most of the reaction we got was, "Finally!"... that's because we had been going out / "pak toh-ing" for almost 6 years. And that day at the temple wasn't the first time we were putting our names together on a contract either - we already had a mortgage on a house.

Anyways, while there have been (only) minor 'ups' and 'downs' since then, I can only recall mostly the 'ups'. Typical human nature to only romanticise the past? I dunno, but, seriously, my husband makes me happy. There are the times when he makes me really mad, but other times, he makes me laugh.

So, to many more years of laughter as we grow old together, honey! Cheers!

1 comment:

Li Yen Lim said...

congrats!! woohooo!!

on a different note.. bugga.. u blog more than me now.. :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails